Although our swimsuit is an essential summer garment, we really tend to give it the roughest time! From chlorine to salt, oil, and sunscreen… it endures a good share of treatments that shorten its lifespan considerably, if you don’t take care of it properly.
Ok, but how exactly should we care for our swimsuit if we want to wear it again every season?
How to wash your swimsuit properly
- Rinse your swimsuit in clear water after each use
- Do not wring your swimsuit manually, this could eventually damage the fibers
- Look at the textile care label of your swimsuit, to make sure it can go in the washing machine
- Prefer washing by hand or using a delicate cycle
- Use a special detergent for delicate fabrics
- To get rid of a sunscreen stain, you can pour a bit of liquid detergent or washing-up liquid directly on the stain before rubbing it gently
The essential step: rinsing!
To preserve your swimsuit, make sure you rinse it with cold water after each use! This is essential to eliminate salt or chlorine residues which can be corrosive to its textile over time.
For more tips on how to care your swimwear, visit our special fabrics section.